- Tell any loaded .swf child assets to disable themselves.
- Stop any sounds from playing.
- Stop the main timeline, if it is currently playing.
- Stop any movie clips that are currently playing.
- Close any connected network objects, such as instances of Loader, URLLoader, Socket, XMLSocket, LocalConnection, NetConnections, and NetStream.
- Release all references to cameras and microphones.
- Unregister all event listeners in the .swf (particularly Event.ENTER_FRAME, and mouse and keyboard listeners)
- Stop any currently running intervals (via clearInterval()).
- Stop any Timer objects (via the Timer class’s instance method stop()).